How to make chicken nuggets
If you or your kids love the taste of fast-food chicken nuggets, this is a much healthier option, and doing it yourself means you know they contain only good-quality chickenwithout any fillers,additives, or other unwanted ingredients.
Yield: 20-24 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-14 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs,cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- oil for misting or cooking spray
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine chicken,½ teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder,and onion powder. Process in short pulses until chicken is very finely chopped and well blended.
- Place flour in one shallow dish and beaten eggs in another.In a third dish or plastic bag,mix together the panko crumbs,plain breadcrumbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Shape chicken mixture into small nuggets. Dip nuggets in flour, then eggs, then panko crumb mixture.
- Spray nuggets on both sides with oil or cooking spray and place in air fryer basket in a single layer, close but not overlapping.
- Cook at 360°F for 10 minutes. Spray with oil and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is done and coating is golden brown.
- Repeat step 5 to cook remaining nuggets.